New Administration Zone: The Biuwer Administration Zone has been completely redesigned. In the administration area, you can carry out the following:
- General information: Account management, subscription status and organization details.
- Use and billing: Information about the usage fees in Biuwer, selection of price plans, purchasing new products and billing history.
- Security: User management, user groups, roles and authentication tokens.
- New main menu bar: The side navigation menu has been redesigned. The menu is still in the left side area, leaving more free space as a work area. Now the menu is prepared for mobile devices, which makes it much more accessible for users who access Biuwer through smartphones and tablets.
- Description in popup: Now when you add a description to a card, it will be seen in a popup when you hover over the information icon.
![Description popups in cards](../images/202003/popup-with-card-description.png)
- Backend redesign and performance improvement: We have redesigned the way the client and server applications communicate, now using GraphQL together with Redux. This implies a great improvement in the performance of Biuwer and allows us to develop future functionalities much more efficiently in terms of performance and fluidity in the user interface.
- Improved performance in data caching: We have redesigned the in-memory data cache layer which improves access time in different areas of Biuwer.
- Improved option to move pages: The option to move pages has been improved by simplifying the way cards are copied or moved from within that page or panel.
- Improved password security: The password security mechanism has been improved. Now all default passwords have to meet a high level of security.
- Minor fixes
- Automatic execution on cards: Added the option “Auto apply filters” to execute the data query on a card when it is being viewed individually.
- Data visualizations - KPI cards: Added the functionality to create cards that support more than 4 indicators. Until now the maximum number of indicators was 4 per card. Now you can add as many indicators as needed in each area of the card.
- Website: Pricing plans are added on the website.
- Website: A new blog section is created on the Biuwer website.
- Data visualizations - Vertical tables: Fixed a problem with the inclusion of a second vertical scroll bar that appears when the option to show the number of records obtained is activated.
- Data Visualizations - Vertical Tables: Fixed problem when using interactive value filtering on columns with date type fields and with empty values.
- Data Visualizations - KPI card: Fixed problem when applying conditional formats when the indicator has a value equal to zero.
- Data Card Editor: Fixed an issue when editing a card and changing the data model of the query causing the fields on the visualization tab not being cleared.
- Minor fixes
- Share content: Width and height settings are added when sharing content externally by embedding system.
- User interface: Added new menu option of “Access Settings” to the contextual menus in cards (inside the pages). This way you can configure access to a card while you are viewing a page.
- Color palettes: Color palette options are extended. Now chart cards with more than 15 divisions will be displayed with different colors.
- Top, Bottom and Interval filters: Added support for this type of filters for MongoDB data sources.
- Personal space for basic users: Fixed a problem for basic users that makes the personal space screen accessible in certain cases. Basic users do not have personal space functionality activated.
- Data visualizations - Charts: Fixed problem in the color selection of stacked bar charts. When changing the division field the selected color is not displayed correctly.
- Interfaz de usuario: Fixed some styles in dialogues.
- Basic Users vs Standard Users: A new type called basic user is created.
Basic users can only view and analyze data in Biuwer that has been previously shared with them. They do not have a personal space and cannot manage and edit content within Biuwer.
This type of user is much cheaper than a standard user and is ideal for those user profiles who only want to view the content
- Icons on indicator cards or KPIs: Icons are added to KPI type data visualizations.
- Actions: Biuwer session parameter is added to be able to use it in external navigation actions along with the URL. This allows external applications to validate the Biuwer session.
- Authentication tokens: Extra security layer is added to the authentication token system. Now the token system is even safer.
- Cross table: Fixed a problem in the horizontal alignment styles of the header.
- Duplicate objects: Fixed a bug when trying to duplicate pages or cards.
- Data Visualizations - Charts: Fixed a bug in the color picker of a stacked bar chart.
- Multi tenant system: Fixed a bug when adding a user to another account of another Biuwer organization.
- Data Center: Fixed an issue when trying to create a new connection. Sometimes the list of available integrations appears empty.
- Data export system: Fixed a bug in exporting data from a card in csv and xls format.
- Data export system: Fixed problem when exporting a card in PDF format. In vertical tables hidden columns are being exported as well.
- Data export system: Data export problem is corrected when browsing from an action from another page or card. The data that is exported is not correct.
- User interface: Layer depth problems with z-index are corrected in the card editor.
- Data filtering system: Fixed a problem with date filters. The filter is not applied when you try to filter by the last day of the month.
- New system to share content: New functionality is added to share a page or card. The content can be shared in two ways: Through a link or through a script to embed or insert the content into an external application.
With the option of embedding content you can add your dashboards or individual cards in your own applications.
- Data filtering system: Fixed issue with dependent filters.
- New authentication system using tokens: A new system is added to generate authentication tokens for a Biuwer user. Authentication tokens can be used in Biuwer to manage permissions with third-party applications or for example to authenticate embedded Biuwer content in external applications.
- Side menu for mobile versions: Now the side menu has a responsive design and adapts to all mobile devices.
- User interface: Problems with styles of overlapping elements in layers are corrected.
- BigQuery Connector: Fixed problem in addition to sums with very small results.
- Vertical table: Fixed an error in the interactive filter within a vertical table for numeric fields.
- Vertical table: Fixed error in the default sorting of vertical tables.
- User Interface: Color correction in the icons set.
- New data source - PostgreSQL: A new data source has been added to connect and analyze data from one of the most used databases in the world, PostgreSQL.
- Action system: Added navigation actions to cross tables.
- Chart sorting: Fixed an issue with dimension sorting in chart cards.
- Filtering system: Fixed an issue when applying page filters to the detail view of a card.
- Minor fixes.
- New action system: New functionality that allows you to create actions in the data cards. There are three action types: navigate to card, navigate to page and navigate to an external URL.
Navigation actions allows you to navigate to a destination (card, page or external URL) by clicking the elements of a card. For instance, in a KPI card, you can click in the indicator value and navigate to another card where you can see the detail of that indicator.
Actions are also available in other visualizations types, for example in vertical data tables.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Custom fields: New functionality that allows you to add custom fields. These fields can be assigned to users and groups. Using custom fields, you can apply data policies to apply a security layer to datasets. For example, if we create a new field called “employee_code” we can assign a value to each user and apply data policies through this field, in this way we can filter the access to the data of a dashboard by filtering it through this new field.
- Administration zone: Added new column in the users list with the last login date.
- Visualization - Vertical tables: Added an option to hide columns in vertical tables.
- Fixed an issue that causes the user to log out and have to login again.
- Automatic redirection: From now on, if you access Biuwer through an URL content, it will ask you for login and then you will be redirected to the specified URL.
- New sorting system: More sorting options are added in the data visualizations. Fields can now be sorted in several ways: alphabetically, as it is in the data source or in a personalized way.
- Data card editor: Set as default color for every text in a card the first option of the available colors in the color palette. This means that a color from the palette is always selected by default.
- Visualizations - Charts: Added sorting by metric option in charts with broken by another dimension option enabled, e.g. bar charts.
- Data card editor: Added a message and a graphic when there are changes in the queries configuration or in visualizations.
- Pages and Cards: Added graphics to pages and detail view of a card when the option to apply filters automatically is turned off. This way the user knows that is necessary an action on its side to obtain data.
- Conditional styles: Fixed an issue that prevented the style to apply when having an expression “less than” 0.
- Data card editor: Fixed an issue that resets formatting to the default value when editing a field configuration.
- Data card editor: Fixed an issue in the color palette selection for chart cards.
- Visualizations - Cross Table: Fixed an issue with calculated fields without an aggregation.
- Duration time metrics: Added duration time metrics that enable visualizations in time format. This allow Biuwer to show durations that can have different levels (seconds, minutes, hours, etc.) in a time format (e.g. 2h 35m 15s). This kind of metrics are available in all visualizations types.
- Filtering system: From now on, the option “apply after grouping” is not allowed to configure in field filters with dimension type fields. This option is only available for field type filters and only with metric type fields.
- Filtering system: Improved user interface.
- Filtering system: Added mandatory filter option. If a mandatory filter is added to a page or card, it’s necessary that the filter has a valid value or expression to execute data queries.
- User interface: Added message and graphic when a page has no content.
- Cards: Added a new field “title” and the option to show it. This title is unrelated to the card name.
- New users sign up: Activation link expiration time has been extended to one week. After the expiration time the link will not be valid and a new a welcome email will be needed.
- Notifications: Added a notification at the top of the screen when exporting card data to excel or csv.
- Notifications: Added a notification at the top of the screen when content is marked as favorite.
- Connect as another user (masquerade mode): Fixed an issue that appeared when returning to your initial session.
- My space: Fixed an issue that prevented some users to create content in its personal space.
- Visualizations - Cross table: Fixed some issues in the cross table visualization (conditional styles, row heights, empty column titles, some cell formats).
- Visualizations - Vertical table: Fixed an issue when using interactive filters that caused them to not be applied when some page or card filter values were changed.
- Fixed a minor issue with the execute query button when coming back from changing structure page and content page.
- Control access dialog: Fixed an issue that prevented some users from seeing the owner of the object to share.
- User interface: Fixed an issue that prevented vertical scroll if the pointer was over a chart card.
- Fixed an issue when exporting a chart in PDF format.
- Support chat: A support chat system has been added in the public website and Biuwer platform.
- Field format (Import Data System): Added support to specify formats to date, numeric and boolean type fields, so these data types are now available to import.
- Data card editor: Adjustments in date formatting and value cleaning criteria in the field visualization configuration.
- Data card editor: Styling and layout adjustments.
- Data card editor: Added more colors to the available palettes used in field configurations.
- Error notification: Added an error indicator in any data card whose queries have returned an error, indicating the error message in each case.
- User Interface: Minor changes.
- Error when cleaning filter values (Filtering system): Fixed an issue when cleaning filters that caused empty data visualizations.
- Fixed an issue with the labeling option in doughnut and line charts (Visualizations).
- Fixed an issue with numeric formatting in radar charts (Visualizations).
- Fixed an issue with the option to show x axis lines in charts (Visualizations).
- Fixed an issue with the selection of a field type filter having a numeric or boolean data type (Filtering system).
- Fixed an issue with user sign up having a not valid and not verified email (user sign up).
- Fixed an error message that appeared when a new Biuwer version was detected.
- Visualizations: Fixed an issue that caused some date formats not showing correctly in some chart types.
- Connect as another user (masquerade mode): Fixed an issue with data cache that caused from the previous session to be displayed, to which you have previously connected as another user.
- Data card editor: Fixed an issue when sorting by a field not used in visualization. Sometimes it is necessary to sort by fields that are not used in data visualization.
- Filtering system: Fixed an issue with date filter type when using a “between”’ expression that caused the filter to not be applied correctly.
- Filtering system: Fixed an issue in the filter editor when a query returned an error.
- My Space: A new personal space has been added for each user. In its personal space, any user can create pages and cards only visible for themselves. Once a user has created content in its personal space, it can be copied or moved to a shared space.
- Favorites: A new functionality to add spaces and pages to favorites. Now you can mark as favorites a space or page. By default you will see your favorite elements at the beginning of the selected visualization.
- Gauge and Bullet data visualizations: Two new data visualizations types have been added, bullet chart and gauge chart.
- The sign up process has been improved. From now on, every new user created in Biuwer will have to be validated through a link sent to its email account.
- Filter system: filters area is not shown if no filters have been added yet.
- Fixed an issue with date formats when exporting to PDF.
- Fixed an issue with data card editor by which some times was displayed without any content.
- Fixed an issue when deleting a user’s default organization.
- Fixed an issue that caused double scroll in vertical table cards.
- Improvements have been made in the data card editor. The following functionalities have been unified in the “query” tab: aggregation functions, field type, date level in date fields, etc.
- “Always apply” option has been added to Data Policies: If this option is active, the dataset where the data policy is been applied is always added in the data models (so a join including this dataset is forced) where this dataset is configured. With this action, some security concerns are avoided in the visualizations where there aren’t any fields from the dataset affected by the data policy.
- Biuwer updates: From now on, when a new Biuwer version is detected, a message will pop up in the top of the screen notifying that a new update is available.
- Query log: New metadata has been added in the query log storage.
- Data Card Editor: Some styles had been adjusted in the new query editor.
- Selected filters visualization has been improved in filters area.
- Improvements in the value selection for “all values” filters.
- Undesired scroll in dialogs: Fixed an issue that caused vertical scroll in dialogs when using some versions of Google Chrome.
- Access control dialog: Fixed an issue with the list of users with access, it wasn’t displayed correctly.
- Query engine: Fixed an issue with Big Query (Google Cloud) connector that didn’t allow to use expressions in calculated fields in the Group By section and Order By section.
- Data Center: Fixed an issue in the aggregation levels when selection “none” as aggregation.
- Data Card Editor: Fixed an issue when creating a card without any field selected. From now on, “visualization” tab is not enabled until at least one field has been added to the query.
- Data Card Editor: Fixed an issue when trying to delete a field from “interactive columns” section in a vertical table.
- Styling corrections in form elements while using Firefox browser.
- Loading data from Excel file (Data import system): As with the import of CSV files functionality, Biuwer users can now import data from an Excel file
- Filtering system: A selection option is added for “All values” that selects all the values of a field type filter
- Filtering system: NOT operators have been included. Now you can filter data with expressions like “Not equal to” or “Not in the list”
- Add stage HAVING (Filtering system): An option is added in the filtering system to activate the aggregation stage through HAVING. This option allows filtering metrics after aggregation is done
- Filter options in Data Policies (Data Center): Within a dataset, not all filtering options were available. Now you have the same filtering options as in the pages / cards filtering system
- KPI Card (Visualizations): The KPI card is improved in such a way that different zones can now be added on the same card
- Card Editor: Several improvements have been included in the user interface of the data card editor page
- Expand date formats (Visualizations): The date formats available to the user have been extended
- Include aggregation functions by default (Data Center): It has been added the functionality of being able to select in a dataset the aggregation function by default (sum, average, count, count distinct, minimum, maximum)
- Visualizations: Added an option to set a default value in the color selector
- Aggregation in calculated fields: A problem that was causing to apply always an aggregation to a calculated field has been fixed. Now if “Aggregation: None” is marked, the aggregation operation will not be applied
- Problem with vertical table scrolling (Visualizations): Fixed problem with scroll in vertical table type displays that appeared in certain screen resolutions
- Minor bug fixes
- International support: Numeric and date formats have been improved, increasing the number of formats that Biuwer users can select
Vertical table cards (Visualizations):
- Fields of type Dimension can now have column totals with operations (count, count distinct, minimum, maximum) and custom formulas (using fields of the table)
- The user can activate the inclusion of a first column showing the row number
- Conditional formats: Users can apply custom styling for rows and columns that meet the configured conditions
- Interactive columns: A selection of fields can be included as interactive columns to allow users to dynamically include them or not in the table
- Totals rows obtained and total rows shown: There is an option available to show these totals in the top of the table
- Data Card editor: Users can now change the type of a field, between metric and dimension and vice versa, regardless their definition in Data Models
- Sorting data (Query engine): Users can now include custom sorting of data, either the fields acting to sort the data are present in the data returned or not
- Pages export to PDF (Export data system): This option is now not available until the page has content within a defined page structure
- Vertical table cards (Visualizations): Search in columns with null values has been fixed
- Boolean field support: “Boolean” data type is now supported in Biuwer. The new data type is mapped with the corresponding original data type for each data connector technology
- Upload data from CSV files (Import data system): Data contained in CSV files can now be uploaded to Biuwer datasets using the import data system, which include automatic detection of data fields and data types. This feature can be used to create new datasets or upload new data to existing ones using the append data option
- Custom limit and sort options (Query system): Biuwer users can now configure per query row limits and custom data sort options (ascending and descending directions). This also applies to filter values, which are now sorted ascending. Existing cards and filters will remain as they are. New cards and filters will return by default a maximum of 500 rows
- New operators and boolean filters (Filtering system): There have been added new options in the operators catalogue. Now Biuwer users can filter boolean expressions
- Reverse engineering (Data Center): New Datasets can be added automatically in the Data Center using the new reverse engineering feature, that connects to the data source and obtains database structure and per table metadata (fields, data types)
- Query system: The core query engine in Biuwer has been improved. It now uses internal fields identificators in order to improve speed and avoid user mistakes with fields original names and aliases
- Controlled deletion of entities: Biuwer now checks for dependencies and shows them to the user when deleting any entity. This guides the user through the dependent items to avoid metadata inconsistencies
- Mailing system: Notifications and transactional emails are now being delivered by our new email partner Postmark
- New organization switcher. Biuwer users with more than one organization (account) can now use the new organization switcher, which shows organizations in a drop down instead of a list of items
- Cards heights: Cards general configuration height parameter has been improved to allow users to build custom pages with several cards configurations
- Custom cards: Internal improvements to use the core query engine
- Export data system: Exports to Excel files now include calculated fields
- Query system: Avoid unnecessary aggregations with calculated fields that use aggregation functions inside
- Datasets (Data Center): From now on hidden fields won’t appear in the Data Card Editor or in the Filtering system, so they can not be used until marked as visible again
- Date filters (Filtering system): Fixed some date level values for all connection technologies and the preview of date expressions
- Chart cards: Fixed a blinking when hovering over the chart
- Dependent filters (Filtering system): Biuwer users can now create dependencies between filters. With this functionality you can get the result in a filter based on a selection of a parent filter. For example, you can get a list of cities from a selected region
- More expressions (Filtering system): Included new filter expressions for “greater”, “less”, “greater or equal”, “less or equal” and “equal” operations
- Custom cards. Filters are applied correctly in multi query custom cards
- Data Policies: Now Biuwer users can define row level access for each dataset. You can configure custom filters for each user or users group
- New notifications system: A unified notification system has been built to show success, warning and error messages inside the app. This system will be improved to show custom content in each notification
- Public website. A mobile friendly main menu has been added. The menu automatically adapts itself with the available screen size
- Cards can now be visualized in mobile devices, adapting themselves to the available screen size
- Users can properly specify a list of allowed values in the filters configuration dialog
- Move and duplicate. Now you can duplicate and move Cards and Pages between different shared Spaces
- Notifications system: An area has been included in the top center to show the notifications of the events that happen in Biuwer during its use.
- Uniform delete dialogs have been included for all objects
- Cards contextual menu have been improved
- Custom cards: Added file upload functionality in card configuration dialog with self-managed cloud storage
- Vertical table: Now you can filter a column with “null” values
- Vertical table: Now the panel of interactive fields closes when pressing or interacting outside of it, before only when the “Apply” button was pressed
- Data Center: Deleting a dataset functionality has been fixed
- Access control heritance: Now you can share a space, page or card with a group or user and allow all of your children to inherit this configuration
- New Biuwer website published - www.biuwer.com
- Minor bugs fixed
- Multi-language system: Available languages right now are English and Spanish
- Masquerade mode: admin users can now “connect as another user”
- Activate, deactivate and delete users from an organization
- Data cards export system in PDF, CSV and Excel formats
- “Basic” predefined role is always assigned to “All users” group
- Extended the maximum number of items for platform objects
- Fixed flickering when opening a page with content
Biuwer, our new cloud data platform is available with these main functionalities:
- Content is structured in Shared Spaces, Pages and Cards.
4 main types of data Cards:
- KPI cards
- Vertical table cards
- Cross table cards
- Chart cards
- 12 types of charts, all responsive and fully configurable.
- Custom cards: Cards developed for any need or application (Biuwer team engineered for now)
- Advanced filtering system.
- Multi-tenant system:: Need more than one account? You can do it with Biuwer
Complete security system with SSL authentication
- User Groups
- 5 available Roles
- Content access permissions, with view, edit, admin and owner levels.
Data center: Configure connections to your data sources
- Data Models
- SQL Server + Azure SQL
- Oracle DB
- Google BigQuery
- Google Cloud SQL (MySQL and PostreSQL)
- Amazon RedShift
- Files in FTP/SFTP servers