- New image or thumbnail column on table cards. You can now configure fields to display images, icons or thumbnails, in Biuwer vertical and cross tables. This functionality is very easy to configure using calculated fields from a base URL modified with a country code, a product code or any other identifying parameter.
- New styles of card titles. The importance of design and image is increasingly relevant to offer users more careful visualizations. We start the customizable styles to come, with new more minimalist styles for card titles. Soon more visual customizations can be applied to Biuwer Cards.
- New context menu for multiple actions. When several actions are defined on the same interactive element, the user is shown a context menu with the name of the action to select between them.
- New basic user pack addons. To get the data visualizations to all your users, in addition to the basic users included in your plan, you can now configure with greater control between a set of basic user packages, with packs of 25, 50, 100, 250 and 500 units.
- Filter values with URL parameters can now be applied in the actions system. This use case is quite powerful as it allows automatic filter configuration via URL parameters and these values are taken into account in the available Biuwer actions.
- In Data Card Editor queries, the same field can be added more than once. This functionality allows, for example, to obtain the sum (SUM) of a field and the average value (AVG) of the same field, in the same query.
- Payment flows by credit or debit card have been improved, with automatic notification emails.
- Content lists have been improved through virtualization to increase usability and speed, for thousands of simultaneous items.
- The types of data coming from JSON structures have been better controlled in the visual elements, since depending on the cases, data could be displayed incorrectly.
- The export of data to CSV / Excel files has been improved again.
- The Biuwer Share application (the one used to embed content in third-party applications) has been optimized for improved load times, reduced use of resources and fewer data exchanged.
- Filters usability has been improved, to allow to include and exclude values more easily. The check shown before the search box allows you to include all or none of the elements as before, but the ability to include or exclude values depends on the “Exclude” check after the search box.
- Card Actions configured in the corresponding dialog are correctly applied in all cases when configured from a Page.
- After some incorrect results have been reported when launching data queries including special characters such as ? or ' these have been included in the Biuwer query engine so that they are taken into account.
- Fixed some vertical scrolls on Cross Table Cards.
- Fixed data export to Excel when a field title has been set to empty by the user.
- An error in the percentage calculation shown on the Tooltip has been corrected in Speedometer charts.
- Fixed a reported bug when applying conditional styles on charts.
- The default values in "Date and Time" filters now include the last day of the interval selected by the user.
- Other minor fixes.
- New Google Analytics 4 (GA4) data connector. As you know, since July 1, 2023, Google has stopped processing data from Google Analytics 3 (Universal Analytics) accounts. With the new Google Analytics 4 connector, you can now connect your Google Analytics accounts to Biuwer, so that the data is automatically synchronized and you can analyze it however you want, alone or in combination with other data sources. The connection configuration is just as simple as usual in Biuwer, as you can see in this screenshot.
- New Treemap chart type. This is a very useful chart to visualize how the values of a metric are distributed in an area, with one or two dimensions. For example, the breakdown of the amount of sales by country and product category, as shown below:
- New action to show a card in popup. This action allows any card to show another in a popup or overlay. This new type of actions allows you to implement things like seeing a detail from a KPI, a chart, a table with aggregation, etc. From the "Actions" menu of the card:
- The action system is now available on Chart Cards. Since this version, charts include navigation to other pages, cards, external URLs, and popups, like other cards. Soon a contextual menu will be enabled to show the user the configured actions to choose which one to launch.
- Conditional styles are now available in Chart Cards. Since this update, charts include conditional styles based on chart type. The possibilities are quite powerful. Below is an example, where blue is the original color of the series, and conditionally, it shows: in green the values greater than 400, in red the values less than 50 and in brown the values for dates greater than 1 of August.
- You can now use a data field to specify the minimum and maximum values in Speedometer Charts. It is useful for cases in which you want to dynamically compare the value of a metric against a target, defined in another data field or in a calculated field.
- We've improved the Data Sets list so you can filter them better, access context menus more easily, and we've removed unhelpful information.
- We have improved the Page creation flow, to specify the title initially. This prevents multiple pages from being created "by mistake".
- We have added a help button in the Card Calculated Fields creation and editing dialog, within the Data Cards Editor. With this button you can quickly access the Biuwer help page, to consult the available functions and how to use them, with examples.
- We've slightly expanded the custom value sort dialog in the Data Card Editor. In this way, the values with the most available space are displayed when sorting them by the criteria you need on the screen.
- Fixed cases where data labels were displayed below bars on stacked bar chart cards.
- Date filter operations have been adjusted for the Clickhouse connector.
- When switching a chart card between different types, those chart types that do not have a legend available are taken into account and not displayed.
- The number formats configured in the Organization or User are applied in various chart types.
- Other minor fixes.
- New type of Bullets chart. With this new type of chart, the value of a metric between an initial and a final value can be visualized in a very easy and intuitive way for the end user. A very common use case is to build progress bars, with different formats, colors and configurations. You can also include a metric as a target value to check progress or compliance. If you include a dimension field in the chart editor, there will be displayed as many bars as there are elements in the dimension! The start and end values can be dynamic if you use data fields.
- Navigation actions available in Embedded Analytics. When you embed Biuwer in external applications or share it externally, you can already use the configured actions. This allows you to implement multi-step analysis flows. Use the new floating utility area at the top to navigate backwards. Configure in detail how you want the filters to propagate between different contents (pages or cards).
- New mechanism to pause and resume automatic data synchronizations for Application type connections, e.g. cloud APIs that you have connected to Biuwer.
- We have improved the export of numerical data to Excel and CSV files, so that regardless of the visual formatting you have applied in Biuwer, they are always exported as numbers directly usable in Excel or other applications. This means that if you set up percentages, currencies, thousands separators... Biuwer will remove them when exporting these fields.
- Clearer messages have been included to explain the inheritance of permissions that are set up in Biuwer in Shared Spaces.
- The navigation system has been improved to correctly apply in destination dependent filters in all cases. This means that when navigating between contents, a filter can be mapped to a destination on which others depend and these will have the correct values.
- In the configuration of Data Policies of Data Sets, from now on the filter itself configured for the user who is doing it is not applied.
- Fixed a bug in BETWEEN filter expressions at DAY level for MONGODB when TIMEZONE is applied in the connection.
- The closing of connections has been included in the Reverse Engineering processes, when obtaining Datasets from Database type connections.
- Other minor fixes.
- New Facebook Ads data connector. By connecting your Facebook Ads accounts in Biuwer, you have all the data you need to improve the performance of your ad campaigns on the Meta network, such as clicks, CPC (cost per click), cost per ad and campaign, conversion rate, conversions obtained, cost per conversion ratio, etc.
- New Pipedrive data connector. Pipedrive is one of the most popular CRMs (Customer Relationship Management) on the market and since this update you can analyze all the data you generate in your Pipedrive account in Biuwer. It includes an automatic data update with several time intervals available to choose from, in order to visualize in detail the most important entities available in the public Pipedrive API such as: Activities, Deals, Pipelines, Stages, Leads, Users, Persons, Organizations, Currencies, Products or Notes.
Pipedrive allows you to customize each account with custom fields in the Deals, Persons and Products entities. If you need to analyze these custom fields as well, feel free to contact us to help you get them set up in your Biuwer account.
- New type of card, Rich Text. You can now expand with explanations and content blocks in Biuwer! Until now all cards in Biuwer were data cards, i.e. they serve to show data in one way or another in a visual form. The Rich Text card is the first content card that does not represent data (for the moment :)). Here is an example:
How does it work? You have a rich text editor with many options to give free rein to your imagination, from normal text, titles, lists, quotes, code, links, images... and all with different styles (bold, colors, indentations, alignments. ..). We look forward to seeing your creations!
- Improvement of the user activation and deactivation process, with application to all dependent elements.
- Added the ability to reorder fields of metric type on chart cards. This allows fine control over which visual elements are displayed in front or behind.
- The default styles of the Data Labels in funnel-type charts have been correctly applied.
- Fixed error when printing PDF pages with separators.
- Other minor fixes.
- Date functions are now available in Calculated Fields. The Data Card Editor continues to be improved, now including a set of functions to operate with dates in the expressions of the card Calculated Fields. The possible combinations and options are many using the new functions: DATE, DATEPARSE, MAKEDATE, DATEADD, DATEDIFF, DATEDIFF, DATENAME, DATEPART, DATETRUNC, YEAR, QUARTER, MONTH, WEEK, WEEK, DAY, ISOYEAR, ISOWEEK, TODAY, ISDATE. In addition, the functions MAX, MIN can also be used with date fields, to obtain the corresponding maximum and minimum dates. Keep in remind that you can also use the previously released functions for automatic comparison of metric fields in previous periods: PREV_YEAR, PREV_QUARTER, PREV_MONTH, PREV_WEEK, PREV_DATE. More information at Biuwer Docs.
- NONE aggregation possibility on METRIC fields. Biuwer's automatic query engine until now always required an aggregation function for a metric field. If you know SQL it is the usual SUM, COUNT, AVG that is usually used in your data queries. However, there are cases where you want to not aggregate, i.e. get row by row data without aggregating. For example, if you want to visualize a scatter or bubble chart you may not want to aggregate the metric fields involved. This and other use cases are possible from now on with Biuwer.
- Several improvements have been introduced in the Biuwer Public API. Since this update you can now manage all the security settings, both in the access to the content (Shared Spaces, Pages, Cards, Collections) and to the data itself, through the Data Policies. In other words, the Biuwer API now allows you to manage Data Policies, Spaces, Pages, Cards, Collections objects.
- The Google Ads connector has been updated to the latest version of the API provided by Google.
- We have improved error handling, including visual elements when errors occur. This makes it easier for users to contact support and at the same time we can solve any issues more quickly.
- We have improved Scatter / Bubble plots, with support for aggregated or unaggregated metrics on either the X or Y axis.
- Fixed the problem that caused that totals (SUM, COUNT, AVG, MIN, MAX...) defined in vertical tables on metric columns obtained from dimension fields, did not work correctly.
- In charts, the legend is displayed correctly in "Right" and "Left" positions.
- Some details have been fixed in the funnel chart, such as displaying correctly the data label in percentage and the data sorting.
- Other minor fixes.
- Promotional codes in Biuwer. Don't have your promotional code to start using Biuwer? Contact us, book a meeting, ping us on Social Networks and if your company applies, we will give you a promotional code with which you will get a discount to apply when you buy your plan in Biuwer.
- Radar chart. Several improvements introduced in radar type charts, with support for multiple series, calculated fields, axis configuration, radar shape, divisions to display, etc.
- Improved visualization of data labels in charts that intelligently avoids overlapping.
- Number formats in chart tooltips.
- Improvements have been made for reverse engineering connections to MongoDB over cluster in Mongo Atlas.
- Improvement in the management of groups of users, both from the Biuwer web application and from the public API.
- The "Row limit reached" warning is showed in the Data Card Editor, when the row limitation is configured and it is reached.
- Improved printing of content in Embedded Analytics mode.
- Fixed mismatches in conditional formats and filters applied by URL parameters on boolean fields.
- Fixed dependencies for deleting connections to Cloud files (Google Sheets, Notion, etc.)
- Other minor fixes.
- Biuwer Public API is now available. This functionality marks a before and after in the integration possibilities of Biuwer in external applications, since it allows automating the management of all those tasks related to user management, authentication tokens, user groups, configuration of data and content permissions, etc. How is it used? The first step is to configure an API KEY in the Biuwer administration area. Subsequently, in any web application, include the API KEY in the header in the HTTP calls, for the different endpoints available in the public API. Use the base URL https://api.biuwer.com/ to compose the calls to Biuwer's public API. We are expanding support to be able to work with other parts of the Biuwer platform through the API and thus be able to automate integrations with third-party applications (Embedded Analytics).
- New chart types: scatter plots and bubbles charts. With these two types of charts, visual analysis can be performed on the values taken by two or more fields of a Dataset. Specifically, these visualizations allow the user to search for relationships between different variables. These charts display your data as points or circles on a chart using the X (horizontal) and Y (vertical) axes. The use cases are multiple, such as finding atypical values (outliers), direct and inverse correlations, trends, etc..
Filtering system: better assignment of filters to data cards with multiple queries.
Data Blending: improvements in the data blending system between several queries of data inside each card, with support to various types of fields.
Chart cards: improvements while interchanging between the various chart types available.
- Data Card Editor: users can now delete fields in the data card editor even if there are errors in any calculated field, as well as fields that are being used in visualizations.
- Numeric formats for currencies in charts have been adjusted.
- Basic users have access to visualize maps data cards.
- Other minor fixes.
- 100% stacked bar charts. With this new type of chart you can easily visualize the distribution of values that any metric takes in Biuwer. The chart automatically calculates the weight that each value has over the total. You can configure how to display the labels and tooltips, both in vertical and horizontal format.
- New numeric operators available in Card Editor expressions. The following operators are now available: ABS, CEILING, DIV, EXP, FLOOR, LN, LOG, MAX (of a field or between two values), MIN (of a field or between two values), MOD, POWER, ROUND, SIGN, SQRT, SQUARE. For more information, check out our documentation site and tutorials.
- New Week level available in the filter system and new special values "to date". With this novelty, users can now analyze weekly periods more easily. Among the added options are: “This week”, “Last week” or “The last 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 12 weeks”. Special periods have also been included: “Week to date” (WTD), “Month to date” (MTD), “Quarter to date” (QTD) and “Year to date” (YTD).
Card printing: From now on the title of the card is shown. Until now, when a user exported a card, the name of the card was used, which is not bad, but sometimes it is used internally by the content manager to identify or differentiate between cards.
Improvements in the Biuwer charting system, with which better use is made of the available spaces in general and especially in the axes that have been configured.
Support for applying filters to multiple queries when duplicating pages and cards is now available.
- Tooltip on table actions: The full cell value is now correctly displayed when hovering over values in fields where a navigation action has been configured.
- Chart label colors: The default colors are now displayed correctly in chart labels in all cases.
- Fixed a problem when creating calculated fields in data sets managed by Biuwer.
- Other minor fixes.
- New "Speedometer" chart type. To show the value of KPIs in a visual way, you can create semicircular or circular speedometers, with several configuration options.
This type of graph allows you to show the achievement of objectives, percentages, etc. in a very visual way.
- New “Google Ads” connector. By connecting your Google Ads accounts in Biuwer, you have all the data you need to** improve the performance of your ad campaigns** on the Google network, such as clicks, CPC (cost per click), cost per ad and campaign, conversion rate, conversions obtained, cost per conversion ratio, etc.
Incorporation of special numerical functions (percentage over total, accumulated value, etc.) in the Card Calculated Fields. More information at Biuwer docs.
The Filter system allows to auto apply dependent filters when changing the parent filter to obtain a single value. This functionality allows implementing different use cases depending on the structure of the data, and visually facilitates the interaction of the end user, since filters can be hidden and applied automatically without having to do anything.
- You can now configure in the filters the options you want to allow users, i.e. the SELECTION, EXPRESSION, PRE-DEFINED and FIRST tabs, along with the allowed operators and date levels.
- Improved sorting and filtering of Pages and Collections. You can now filter Cards by type, quickly and visually.
Improved string handling in Card Calculated Fields expressions.
Possibility to receive informative email in case of job execution error, within the optional Data Preparation module. You can choose the main contact of your organization or write a list of email addresses.
- Improved header and footer styling when exporting in PDF format.
- Improved treatment of "transparent" color in data configurations.
- New chart icons. We have added a new visual catalog for chart types. New chart types available soon!
Updated authentication using Oauth 2 for the Hubspot CRM connector.
The Card Calculated Fields can now be used to set up conditional formats.
- Fixed a navigation error when canceling or returning in the Data Card Editor.
- Solution to flickering in vertical tables, in very specific situations of screen dimensions and browser zoom.
- Other minor fixes.
- New data card editor. After an intense period working on the new card editor and a new data usage system in Biuwer, this is certainly the biggest functionality update to date. In addition to the most noticeable, the new graphical user interface, a multitude of improvements have been introduced, such as the possibility to have multiple data queries on all cards, optimizations for advanced calculated fields o a reduction in the bandwidth required for data, a considerable 60% lower than before.
- Combination of Data (Data Blending). We often have data scattered in different sources (databases, files, cloud applications, APIs) and we want to cross-reference different data in a calculation. This functionality is called Data Blending and is now available together with the new card editor. Simply set up two or more queries and specify how you want to combine the data so that you can use the fields directly or in calculated fields. The possibilities are literally endless: ratios, differences, time evolutions, accumulated, percentages with respect to totals, etc.
- SSH connections: When connecting to data sources that are databases, a problem with connection via SSH in bastion mode, which in some cases did not work correctly, has been fixed.
- Other minor fixes.
- Customized Organization Styles. Biuwer includes the ability to embed any data visualization in external web applications, through “Embedded Analytics” in a simple and secure way. We include the Custom Styles so that the visual integration is very similar between the dashboards made in Biuwer and the styles of your application. You can now customize fonts, colors, sizes, etc. at various Biuwer points. We will soon enable more custom styles, including CSS so you can further customize the look & feel.
- New Microsoft Business Central connector: Business Central is an ERP/ CRM type tool for SMEs to manage their businesses in the cloud with which you can manage aspects of your company such as billing, accounting, projects, business opportunities or human resources. Business Central belongs to the Microsoft Dynamics 365 family of tools and was formerly known as Microsoft Navision. With this connector in Biuwer you will be able to analyze all the standard information you generate when using Business Central and perform a unified analysis with other data sources (applications, databases, files, etc.).
- Biuwer completes the file name when exporting data in CSV or Excel, as it does when exporting in PDF, with the name of the card and the current date.
- In Biuwer charts, totals have been included in stacked bars and in the tooltips by checking the data labels option.
- For totals in vertical tables, the predefined numerical formulas in tables now take into account unexpected values in the data (Null, NaN, Undefined, Infinity) to obtain the expected total value in all cases.
- Year-week format is included when exporting data via CSV, Excel or PDF.
- Values obtained by calculated fields in cards when exporting data by CSV, Excel or PDF are included in all cases.
- Date queries in YYYY-WW format have been adjusted in MongoDB, using the isoWeek week format.
- Other minor fixes.
- New "Notion" connector. Are you a Notion user and need to analyze in detail the data you manage in this tool? From now on, you can create a connection in Biuwer that automatically synchronizes the data contained in any Notion data table. Set the update periodicity, analyze and share Notion data together with other data sources in a single place.
- Customized maps for an organization: We have included as a new functionality in map cards, the option to configure custom polygon maps that are private for a specific Organization. This way you can use Biuwer maps for very specific use cases with polygons that you define in your project. For example, map of areas of a city, map of international sales distribution, map of census tracts of specific cities, map of neighborhoods, etc.
Do you need a customized map? Contact us and we will help you to set it up in Biuwer.
- Time-of-day level analysis on Datasets managed by Biuwer: From now on the date and time fields of Datasets managed by Biuwer allow you to choose the time of day level, so you can go into detail to analyze, for example, which are the busiest times of the day, sales or incidents (depending on your industry and project).
- Google Sheets connection: In addition to being able to locate your Google Sheet documents using a simple search engine, we have included the option to specify the document ID manually.
- Customer support system: We have modified the chat and customer support tool to allow better interaction and communication. This allows our team to assist users in the use of Biuwer and solve any problems that may arise.
- Managed data sets: The functionality to create and manage calculated fields in the datasets managed by Biuwer (data coming from APIs, cloud tools, files, etc. that are not in a database) has been included.
- Holded connection: Fixed an error when obtaining sales quotation type documents (estimates).
- Google Sheets connection: In the absence of information in a cell marked as a number, the value 0 was loaded. This is not quite correct in some cases, so from now on the cell value is treated as NULL.
- Other minor fixes.
- New chart type “Funnel”. This type of chart can be very useful to visualize the performance achieved in multi step processes. For example, you can visualize your marketing campaigns performance, seeing the evolution of users along their journey, from first visit to purchase or other types of conversions.
New connector “Google Sheets”. Now you can create a connection in Biuwer that automatically synchronizes the data contained in any Google Spreadsheet. As other similar connections, data will be automatically updated with the periodicity you set up. For example, if you use Google Forms to obtain feedback or any other information, the data will be kept in a Google Sheet, that you can analyze in Biuwer platform with the rest of your data.
Comparisons of data with previous periods. We have included in the Card Editor new functions that you can use in Calculated Fields to easily compare data with previous periods. This feature enables you to compare your data against past periods, such as, the previous day, the previous week, the previous month, the previous quarter and the previous year. See how it works in Comparisons with previous periods in Biuwer Docs.
Files importer. We have included several improvements to make it even easier the management of importing data contained in files (CSVs, Excels).
- Now you can name the new dataset as you want from the import page. The default name is automatically the name of the file you upload to Biuwer
- The field mapping has also been improved. You must provide a valid name for each field mapped and it’s easier to create new fields or select previously created ones.
Application type data connections. Now you can delete your data connections of type application, which will also safely delete the data stored in Biuwer Data Warehouse and the processes that automatically retrieve and synchronize your data. This applies for example to connections like Hubspot CRM, Google Analytics, Holded, Google Sheets and so on.
- Minor fixes.
- New "Holded" connection. Holded is a business management tool for SMEs in the cloud with which you can manage aspects of your company such as billing, accounting, projects or human resources. With this connector in Biuwer you will be able to analyze all the information generated by Holded and perform a unified analysis with other data sources (applications, databases, files, etc.).
- Query engine: improvements have been introduced that allow the use of calculated fields defined in Datasets, in page and card filters. These calculated fields can also be used in the relationships between Datasets in Data Models.
- Filters: improvements have been included in the Dates filters, to allow the use of more original formats according to the database, in particular, to use formats with hours, minutes and seconds.
- Card Editor: extra operators have been included for the defined calculated fields of type Date. For example, the Date and Time level can be used for calculated fields, like any other physical field.
- Charts: Fixed a problem that caused some labels on chart axes were not displayed correctly in all cases, depending on the format (currency, symbols, etc.) applied.
- Charts: Fixed the problem that caused a chart with large tooltips to be reset, after having made selections of elements in the legend. This problem only occurred with tooltips with dozens of values displayed.
- Maps: Fixed the problem that occurred in symbol maps for data rows without any of the Latitude or Longitude values.
- Other minor fixes.
- New "Clockify" connection. Clockify is a project management tool with which you can manage for free your projects, tasks and time allocation, among other functionalities. With this connector in Biuwer you will be able to analyze all the information generated by Clockify and perform a unified analysis with other data sources (applications, databases, files, etc.).
- Full screen cards. This functionality is very interesting to be able to visualize quickly and easily the information displayed by a card in full screen without having to leave a page. This way you can have more space to see in detail charts, maps, tables, etc. To maximize a card simply hover over the card and click on the maximize icon, which will display the card in full screen with the same information so that you do not lose the context.
- Content Configuration. We used to always include a demo space with sample content for every new organization created in Biuwer. From now on, the main contact of an organization can choose to create this sample content at the time of registration.
Later in the administration area, under Settings > General Settings, you can configure whether to display both welcome and demo content.
- Technology logo in the list of connections. We have included the technology logo in the list of your connections within the Data Center. This makes it easier to distinguish between them, especially when you have many connections.
- Data update information for application type connections. Extra information has been included for API type connections to let you know when was the last data update, if it was successful or if an error occurred, and when the next update is scheduled.
- Interactive filtering in vertical tables. As you know there are many possibilities of data formats in Biuwer, including different formats for dates (including durations, formats in hours, etc), numeric values with currency, percentages, etc. We have improved the interactive filtering so that it works correctly in all cases in vertical table cards.
- Query engine. Improvements have been included in the query engine for those exceptional cases where object and field names contain spaces, dots and other special characters, so that queries are correct in all cases.
- Card editor. Cards with calculated card fields correctly display the data obtained by the query in the "Queries" tab.
- Other minor fixes.
- New connection “Prestashop”. The connection to Prestashop, one of the world's leading e-commerce tools, is now available. With this connector, users can easily analyze all their online store data directly in Biuwer, with automatic data update according to the established schedule. We have many e-commerce related enhancements planned for the coming weeks.
- New connection “Google Analytics” (Universal Analytics). The connection to Google Analytics, the world's most widely used web traffic tool, is now available. With this connector, users can easily analyze all their website data directly in Biuwer, with automatic data update according to the established schedule. You can also do a combined data analysis by merging with other data sources, such as your online store, databases, files, etc.
- Security system: several improvements have been included during the registration process, email notification system, trial period, identification of users and organizations, etc.
- Charts: Added date formatting in the legend and tooltips in Biuwer charts.
- Vertical tables: Added more style formats in the totals row, namely currency formatting, conditional formats, configured for the rest of the column, and time metric formatting when typed through a formula.
- Improved messages and graphics displayed in object listings when searching.
- Access to "My-space" is no longer done by the path "my-space" but by the space identifier.
- Card Editor: The list of pages in which the card being edited is included is now automatically updated in all cases.
- Card Editor: An error has been fixed when visually displaying the name of the card calculated fields. This problem was aesthetic, it did not affect the operation of the calculated field.
- Other minor fixes.
- New charting system. The new charting system includes much more versatile and informative interactive tooltips, which make it easier to compare values to draw conclusions.
This is one of the recent major internal improvements in Biuwer, allowing us to include new chart types and advanced interactive functionalities with charts more easily. We are already working on funnel charts, which you will be able to use soon.
- Space search. In the new space navigation, a search engine has been added to speed up the work in organizations with dozens or hundreds of spaces.
- Conditional formatting using Boolean fields. You can now configure visual formats in cards according to the True / False value of Boolean fields.
- Biuwer changes color: It is a subtle change, but the application has been modernized by including indigo blue as the main color. You will be able to see it in the main navigation bar, buttons, dialogs, etc.
- The graphic design and usability aspects of the new content navigation system have been improved. Below you can see an example including the improvements introduced.
- Standard Users are renamed to Advanced Users. This is simply a nomenclature change to better reflect what advanced users are capable of doing versus basic users.
- We have unified the two types of User Groups available until now into one. From now on you can manage your users in groups, adding any type of users to them. Internally Biuwer will apply the maximum access levels and permissions depending on whether you are a basic user or an advanced user.
- Possibility to hide fields in Cross Table cards. Now users can configure whether to show each field when configuring the display in cross table cards.
- Charts: data labeling now works correctly in all chart types, thanks to the new chart system.
- Card Editor: an occasional problem has been fixed when applying a custom sorting of values.
- Filters: a bug has been fixed when configuring TOP filters, which are an advanced type of filter that allows to get the Top/Bottom/Interval values that meet certain criteria.
- Other minor fixes.
- New navigation system for content: We’ve included a new navigation for Spaces, Pages, Cards and Collections, with the objective of being even easier to access data and navigate through content. We. We look forward to your feedback and improvements!
- We’ve included the warning icon showing the "Row limit reached" in the Card Editor and the Card view screen.
- The top right menu under Pages is displayed for all users, including use with Embedded Analytics.
- Card Filters: Fixed an issue that did not display card filters on pages.
- Some tweaks have been made to the new Space navigation.
- Other minor fixes.
- Time zone in the query engine: From now on, Biuwer users can configure when to take into account time zones to display data at the hour level correctly. This functionality is especially relevant when analyzing different data systems, which generate data with different time zones and especially affects users geographically located in different time zones.
- New “WooCommerce” connection. The connection to WooCommerce, the electronic commerce tool of Wordpress, the most used content manager for websites in the world, is now available. With this connector, users can easily analyze all the data of their online store directly in Biuwer, with automatic updating of data according to the established schedule. We have many improvements related to e-commerce planned in the coming weeks.
- Cross Table Cards: The aggregation option is included in the cross table totals, so that the user can choose between an operation (sum, average, count, different count, maximum or minimum) or specify a formula.
- Time of Day (HH) level for Date type fields. Users can now analyze the data produced at certain times of the day and also filter by specific hours of the day. These types of analysis are useful when we have information on daily activity produced at specific times and we either want to filter by certain time bands and/or show the activities produced at certain times. For example, visits produced at 6 p.m.
- Data Center: A check has been implemented when removing Data Sets from Data Models, so now, if there are dependencies, the user will be shown which Cards and Filters use the Data Set that they want to remove from the Model.
- Authentication and authorization: The login mechanisms have been improved, as well as the maintenance of the active session, so that you can continue working with Biuwer minimizing the number of times you have to identify yourself.
- Minor fixes.
- New “Hubspot CRM” connection. The connection to Hubspot CRM is now available, users can connect their accounts of this popular CRM to automate data collection and analysis in Biuwer.
- Embedded analytics: Users can now export a full page as a PDF document when using the “Share” externally option. This can be done by accessing the page directly through the generated URL or embedded in third-party applications using the available methods.
- Filter System: An update and improvement has been made to the filter editor and the filter usage dialog. In addition to design changes, the internal operation is faster, allows more records and better customization, especially the Date, Text and Number type filters, along with the formats applied to dates and numbers.
- Content System: During the last months we have been working on the internal improvement of Biuwer, including data management, the query engine, and the update of Collections, Pages and Cards.
- Orders: We have improved the order communication mechanism by email when they are automatically generated by Biuwer.
- Query Engine: Following the query engine update, incorrect inclusion of JOIN and WHERE clauses is immediately detected and corrected.
- Fixed a problem when changing the style of lines in axes of Chart type Cards.
- Other minor fixes.
- Card Calculated Fields: In addition to calculated fields in Datasets, users can now define calculated fields on cards. This functionality allows you to perform calculations with the data once obtained from the different data sources used in the cards. The calculated fields behave visually like one more, and can have different formats.
- New pricing system: Pricing plans now include unlimited Basic Users (users to query data, known as read-only users) as well as unlimited content (Shared Spaces, Collections, Pages or Cards) and data. See updated pricing plans.
- PostgreSQL connection: These connections now include in their configuration the option to indicate whether SSL is used and whether unauthorized connections are rejected (using the PostgreSQL parameter “rejectUnauthorized”).
- Connection to Google BigQuery: The authentication mechanism has been updated and the performance of the query system has been improved.
- Oauth2 connections with Google: Due to the security and performance update announced by Google, it has been reviewed and confirmed that the length of the Oauth tokens in Biuwer by design, meet the requirements indicated by Google.
- Data Export: Duration formats are now included when exporting cards and pages. For example, if a duration metric is configured with the format HH:MI:SS, the same formats will be used when exporting, that is, 2h:32mi:15s.
- Data Export: New card calculated fields and their formats are also included when exporting data on cards and pages.
- Data Export: The order of exported data records is now guaranteed to match the order configured in the application just before exporting.
- Maps: tooltips support for multiple layers on different fields is included.
- Content Management: Improvements have been included when duplicating and moving Pages and Cards.
- Card Editor: Until now it was allowed to create a card with hardly any configuration, and this caused problems in some types of cards. The user is now required to configure the basic elements for each type of card (table, chart, map, etc.).
- Data Models: Until now it was allowed to change the type of data models between Managed and Unmanaged, and vice versa, which led to not finding the appropriate Data Sets in each case. From now on a Data Model already created is not allowed to change the type.
- Query engine (MongoDB): Fixed the problem that did not obtain data when a query was performed with a Lookup in MongoDB (in other databases it corresponds to a JOIN clause) including aggregation functions.
- Other minor fixes.
- New query engine: The query engine in the Biuwer client application has been redesigned, improving the performance of the application. This new approach allows much better management of aspects such as the data cache or the visualization of data in real time (real time analytics).
- Order cancellation: Sometimes a Biuwer customer may need to cancel an order for some reason, such as a change in the payment method. It is now possible to cancel an order in Biuwer and be able to place a new one with the desired characteristics of the chosen Biuwer plan.
- Administration area - User account activation: An improvement has been added that allows activating new users invited to your organization immediately, without the need to confirm the invitation by the end user.
- User deletion system: Now, when an administrator deletes a user the contents of his personal space will be copied to the personal space of the new chosen owner.
- GDPR compliance: Adaptation to the GDPR regulations for the elimination of user accounts from the platform.
- Collections: A dependency control of elements added in collections is added. Thus, when these elements (pages or cards) are eliminated, a dialog appears that warns that it is included in a collection.
- Parameter filtering system: An issue that caused filtering using URL parameters to fail when clicking on “Clear” filters has been corrected.
- MongoDB type connection: An error has been corrected when executing queries on models from MongoDB type connections when there were Joins between collections.
- Collections: Fixed various issues related to Biuwer collections.
- Inheritance of access control permissions to collections.
- Synchronization of metadata between shared collections.
- Access configuration: Some problems detected in the access configuration dialogs are corrected
- Minor fixes.
- Collections: Did you miss tabs at Biuwer? Collections are a new type of content that allows you to use pages and cards in new and different ways. Initially, the horizontal tabs in the upper left part have been included as a default navigation method. In this way, collections become part of the internal and external sharable content resources in Biuwer.
- Shared Resource Management: A Shared Resources Panel is included in the administration area that shows all the resources (Pages, Cards or Collections) that are being shared, with direct access to their configuration. Visual elements are also included in the content listings to show users what resources are being shared.
- Data center - Duplicate a Connection: Now you can duplicate data connections with a click, to adjust their parameters more easily.
- Query engine - Show records without value: A typical use case can be to always display dates or other dimensions where no facts have occurred. This makes sense with OUTER JOINS applied to the query and with a filter configuration in which two or more entities are included, to show the records that have no value in all cases.
- Data Card Editor - Query Code: Users can now see the code that Biuwer's query engine runs on data sources, including SQL and MongoDB. This is useful to validate that the Data Models are correctly defined, since the query that each card performs can be displayed including all the configured options and any filter applied to it (card filters, page filters, collection filters).
- COUNT DISTINCT operation for MongoDB: from now on, users will be able to use this operator to count the distinct elements within a dataset physically stored in MongoDB.
- The role and permissions caching system has been improved, so that an update in the permissions can be applied immediately to the affected users. This is especially important when using Biuwer to give different users access to data in different ways.
- New possibilities of using Embedded Analytics, the version of Biuwer shared externally directly or in third applications, by allowing the use of the same Authentication Token simultaneously by several people. This enables information to be delivered at scale using Biuwer's data access security system.
- Reverse Engineering for MariaDB: we’ve fixed an issue that made this type of database not allow reverse engineering.
- Query engine for MongoDB: some cases not covered initially have been added to allow field filters on MongoDB collections to allow all included expressions.
- The card editor now synchronizes in all cases the levels of the date fields, between the query tab and the display tab.
- Visual improvements have been included so that the content is displayed correctly when the upper Notifications Area is active.
- Minor fixes.
- Dynamic connections: This new functionality allows you to dynamically create connections and apply them to data models. It allows to solve the problem that several Biuwer clients may have, which have connections to databases that have the same architecture at the data level but are installed in different databases..
You can configure a dynamic connection so that depending on a user or a group within Biuwer, one or another data connection is assigned. Thus, when that user or group accesses a panel, the connection that is configured in the data model, within the data center, will be dynamically selected.
- Data center - Supported data types: Support for the “Double precision” data type is added in the PostgreSQL database connection type.
- Contextual menu is added on each card that allows you to export your data.
- Embedding / Integrated Analytics: Fixed problem that caused it to not work correctly for certain types of cards.
- Minor fixes
- Dynamic filtering by parameters: A new configuration option has been added to the filtering system that allows applying the values of a filter by means of parameters sent via URL. The configuration of the parameters is customizable by the user and it is possible to assign a name to each of the parameters.
- New payment method - Credit card: A new payment method is added in Biuwer by which payments can be made through the online payment provider Stripe. The card payment system complies with the latest regulation on online payments PSD2.
- Biuwer Data Prep (Beta release): Biuwer Data Prep is added as an addon to include in the Biuwer subscription plan. Biuwer customers can now subscribe to the Beta version of Biuwer Data Prep in its first functional version.
- Authentication through private key with SSH connection: The option of being able to perform authentication with a private key when creating a connection through an SSH tunnel is added.
- A new chat customer support system is added.
- Administration zone:
- A section is added for the management and listing of the orders made by each account in Biuwer.
- Default configuration options are added for the account language, numeric and date formats.
- Navigation system: Titles are added for each page in the HTML page header replacing the generic title. In this way, the navigation of the application is improved.
- Card editor: From now on the configuration of the data format of the fields in the card editor takes the default format configured in its corresponding dataset.
- Cross table (pivot): The Count Distinct type aggregation option is added.
- Card export system: An error has been corrected in the card export system for date fields that causes the format not to be displayed in the date format defined in the card.
- Data center:
- Datasets: Fixed an issue where the values of the preview functionality would not be shown again when that dataset query returned an error.
- Calculated fields: Error when creating a calculated field with the SQL Server type connection has been corrected.
- Reverse engineering: A problem that causes reverse engineering to not work correctly is fixed,
- Data models: Fixed an error when saving the configuration of a data model that caused the relationships created in that model to be deleted at a certain moment.
- Vertical table card: Fixed an error in the indicator of the number of records obtained when a table filter is applied to.
- Card editor: An error in cards with multiple queries that prevented adding the same field in the different data queries has been corrected.
- Data filtering system: Fixed a problem that prevents filtering by field filters with a value equal to 0.
- Minor fixes
- Treatment of null values: New functionality by which Biuwer is able to show NULL values depending on the selected configuration.
For example, in a table of values we can indicate what to do with the fields that come with the null value, choosing not to show anything or to show a literal configurable by the user. Another example of this functionality can be given in a chart in which we choose what to do with the null values, for example assigning a 0 for each null value, thus ensuring that the chart does not have empty values.
- Maps: Added data type support for symbol maps whose Latitude and Longitude data type is text instead of a decimal number.
- Reverse Engineering: Fixed an issue in the reverse engineering utility that crashed when trying to apply to an existing dataset that had one or more calculated fields.
- Card editor: A data update issue is fixed for data cards whose query returns an error.
- Data Filters on pages: Fixed an issue where filters for a page are not applied when the data model for that page has been changed.
- Pivot tables: An error has been corrected when adding a formatted date field, such as the Year-month format.
- Maps: An error has been fixed when trying to create a page with more than one map card.
- Minor fixes
- Data filter system: A new functionality has been added that allows the same configuration to be applied to assigning a filter to all the cards on a page.
- KPI cards with traffic lights: A new functionality has been added to KPI cards that allows adding a visual element in the form of a traffic light.
- User Interface (UI): Improved the dynamic height adjustment of visuals elements in the administration zone and data center.
- Pricing plans: Improvement in the layout of the pricing plans page
- File importer: The User Interface is improved in such a way that the selection of destination fields and their configuration is now clearer.
- Configuration of payment data in orders: Updated the payment details for the payment method by bank transfer for customers in Spain.
- Internal improvements in the Biuwer core and performance.
- Page structure: Fixed an issue that caused cards added to a page not to be displayed, causing the user to have to reload the page.
- Minor fixes
- Biuwer Maps: Added choropleth maps. From this version you can select symbol maps and choropleth maps. Biuwer users can create maps by regions or geographic areas adapted to each map using a set of available settings. Several types of maps styles are currently available, and custom maps can be added by contacting Biuwer user support.
- Data filter system: New sort functionality is added in field type filters. Filter items can now be sorted in different ways (Source, Ascending, Descending, Custom Sort) and sorting by another field is also allowed.
- Data filter system: The user interface of the filter assignment dialog to the cards of a page has been improved.
- Password reset email: Fixed a problem with the format of the email sent to the user.
- Biuwer Maps: Visualization errors are corrected in two styles of maps.
- Biuwer Maps: Error to represent fields of metric type in maps has been corrected. The aggregation function was not being applied correctly.
- Data filter system: A problem in the selection of values in the multiple selection type filters is corrected
- Vertical table: Fixed problem with interactive filters of date type
- Embedding: Fixed problem that denied access to shared visualizations with authentication tokens created more than a month old
- Data card editor: Fixed an issue with data synchronization for vertical table type cards.
- Tooltips: Fixed problem that caused certain tooltips to flicker.
- File importer: A problem is corrected when trying to add numerical data that caused it to not be parsed correctly.
- Minor fixes
- SSH Tunnel (Data Center): New functionality included of configuring a data connection through an SSH tunnel.
- Connections Catalog (Data Center): MariaDB, Google Cloud MySQL and Google Cloud PostgreSQL database connections are added.
- Datasets (Data center): A column with a check is added to see if the data policies have been enabled or not. This way you can see at a glance which datasets have data policies enabled.
- File Importer (Data Center): Changes in the interface to improve the user experience.
- Access control: Improvements in the access control user interface.
- Performance improvements in metadata management
- Data card editor: Error messages in the data card editor do not appear correctly.
- Data filtering system: A problem in the user interface of the filtering system was corrected, whereby some values of selection inputs were not correctly synchronized.
- Fixed problem in the initialization of the central Biuwer server.
- Auto-query: Data synchronization problem is corrected when a page or dashboard has the option of auto-query data activated.
- Data Center: Fixed an issue in previewing data for a managed datasets. This happened when data was imported from excel or csv files and the data types of the dataset change.
- Fixed problem accessing a duplicate card when you are duplicating a card,
- Navigation actions: Error when navigating between cards is corrected
- File Importer (Data Center): Fixed some problems related to data types synchronization in fields imported from excel files.
- PDF export: Some errors detected in the export of cards and pages in PDF format have been corrected
- Minor fixes
- Biuwer Maps: A new type of data card is added, the map card. With this type of card we can create visualizations of geographic data based on maps.
In this first version we can create symbol maps by assigning datasets to geographic positions using latitude and longitude. Up to 10 different map types can be selected within the map catalog that is incorporated into Biuwer.
The setting of the map card is done within the data card editor in which a large number of options are incorporated to configure our data map.
- Trial period: Improved the access control of organizations whose trial period has expired.
- Pages (User Interface): The message that appears when there is no access or when there are no pages (dashboards) to display is improved.
- My connections (Data Center): Improved the way in which we can modify the password for access to a data connection. Now passwords form inputs cannot be filled with third-party plugins such as Lastpass.
- Mejoras menores en la interfaz de usuario
- Acciones: Se corrige el problema que hace que no funcionen las acciones de navegación entre tarjetas y páginas. No se abre el diálogo de creación / edición de acciones.
- Datasets / Conjuntos de datos (Centro de datos):
- Se corrige error en el selector de tipo de campo cuando creas un nuevo campo dentro de un dataset.
- No es posible filtrar el listado de campos de un dataset
- Configuración de acceso (Seguridad): Se corrige un problema que hace que el diálogo de configuración de acceso no muestre los usuarios y grupos actuales.
- Espacio personal: Se corrige error que no muestra el botón de creación de páginas y tarjetas cuando se convierte un usuario básico a estándar.
- Correcciones menores
- Data Center: New categories of data connections are added, including cloud databases.
- Connection catalog (Data Center): Google Big Query cloud database connection is added
- Connection catalog (Data Center): Clickhouse database connection is added
- Connection catalog (Data Center): Oracle database connection is added
- Card export system: The table type card export system is improved. Now the export of date fields is done in the format that the card is displayed, instead of a fixed format.
- Data storage system (Biuwer Data Warehouse): The database technology used until now is changed.
- Connection catalog (Data Center): The notification system of connection to a data source is improved.
- Actions System: Fixed a problem that does not show the list of available fields in the external navigation action.
- Reverse Engineering (Data Center): Added an option to select or deselect all items
- Data card editor: Now the fields of the data cards with more than one data query will be identified by the query to which it belongs.
- Performance improvements
- Subscription system: Minor inconsistencies in subscription periods and payment method are corrected
- Data policies (Data Center): Fixed a problem in filtering numeric fields.
- File Importer (Data Center): Fixed an error that does not allow selecting cell ranges when trying to import data from an excel file.
- Security: Error when copying an authentication token to the clipboard
- Connection catalog (Data Center): Fixed an error in the filter of the connection list that made the filtering not working.
- Minor fixes
- Redesign of the signup process
- Administration zone:
- New order sections and order form (checkout).
- Generation of order sheet
- New section listing pricing plans
- New product section
- Trial period: Biuwer trial period functionality is included by adding a message in the notification bar.
- New Data Center: The entire data center section has been redesigned, with a new side menu and including a new reverse engineering section design.
- Onboarding - New sample content: Now when you join Biuwer a data connection is automatically created with a workspace and sample data visualizations and dashboards.
- Administration zone: Verification of VAT numbers is added for the application of taxes at European and extra community level.
- File Importer (Data Center): The user interface of the data importer is improved. It’s now displayed on a page instead of a dialog.
- Reverse engineering (Data Center): Data types are included and a warning is added when unsupported data types are detected.
- Authentication system: Improvement of the authentication system using Oauth.
- Access control: Fixed a problem when assigning permissions to new user groups. Fixed a problem in checking access to an inactive organization.
- Administration zone: Fixed a desynchronization of the status of users pending validation, which have already been verified, in the user management panel.
- Data types: Fixed a problem with the "character" data type in PostgreSQL data source.
- Chart Data Cards: Fixed a critical issue in vertical bar graphics card settings.
- Fixed a problem with the access link of welcome emails sent by Biuwer.
- Minor fixes
- User authentication: New landing screen for validation of invitations to new users
- Administration zone: The performance of the client and server application is improved throughout the Biuwer administration zone.
- Data visualizations: Fixed bug in custom sort option.
- Administration zone:
- Fixed error in which the users last connection date was incorrectly displayed.
- Organization additional notes information does not accept multiple lines
- Fixed error when deleting a user that made it impossible to delete in certain situations.
- Workspaces: Fixed a bug in which “My space” was shown for basic users.
- Minor fixes
- Security system using access tokens: The problem in the duration of the validity of the authentication token is corrected.
- User interface: Correction in the positioning of popovers within the data card editor.
- Embedding Analytics: Fixed problem that caused access denied for certain users when sharing a panel via link.
- Minor fixes
- New Administration Zone: The Biuwer Administration Zone has been completely redesigned. In the administration area, you can carry out the following:
- General information: Account management, subscription status and organization details.
- Use and billing: Information about the usage fees in Biuwer, selection of price plans, purchasing new products and billing history.
- Security: User management, user groups, roles and authentication tokens.
- New main menu bar: The side navigation menu has been redesigned. The menu is still in the left side area, leaving more free space as a work area. Now the menu is prepared for mobile devices, which makes it much more accessible for users who access Biuwer through smartphones and tablets.
- Description in popup: Now when you add a description to a card, it will be seen in a popup when you hover over the information icon.
- Backend redesign and performance improvement: We have redesigned the way the client and server applications communicate, now using GraphQL together with Redux. This implies a great improvement in the performance of Biuwer and allows us to develop future functionalities much more efficiently in terms of performance and fluidity in the user interface.
- Improved performance in data caching: We have redesigned the in-memory data cache layer which improves access time in different areas of Biuwer.
- Improved option to move pages: The option to move pages has been improved by simplifying the way cards are copied or moved from within that page or panel.
- Improved password security: The password security mechanism has been improved. Now all default passwords have to meet a high level of security.
- Minor fixes
- Automatic execution on cards: Added the option “Auto apply filters” to execute the data query on a card when it is being viewed individually.
- Data visualizations - KPI cards: Added the functionality to create cards that support more than 4 indicators. Until now the maximum number of indicators was 4 per card. Now you can add as many indicators as needed in each area of the card.
- Website: Pricing plans are added on the website.
- Website: A new blog section is created on the Biuwer website.
- Data visualizations - Vertical tables: Fixed a problem with the inclusion of a second vertical scroll bar that appears when the option to show the number of records obtained is activated.
- Data Visualizations - Vertical Tables: Fixed problem when using interactive value filtering on columns with date type fields and with empty values.
- Data Visualizations - KPI card: Fixed problem when applying conditional formats when the indicator has a value equal to zero.
- Data Card Editor: Fixed an issue when editing a card and changing the data model of the query causing the fields on the visualization tab not being cleared.
- Minor fixes
- Share content: Width and height settings are added when sharing content externally by embedding system.
- User interface: Added new menu option of “Access Settings” to the contextual menus in cards (inside the pages). This way you can configure access to a card while you are viewing a page.
- Color palettes: Color palette options are extended. Now chart cards with more than 15 divisions will be displayed with different colors.
- Top, Bottom and Interval filters: Added support for this type of filters for MongoDB data sources.
- Personal space for basic users: Fixed a problem for basic users that makes the personal space screen accessible in certain cases. Basic users do not have personal space functionality activated.
- Data visualizations - Charts: Fixed problem in the color selection of stacked bar charts. When changing the division field the selected color is not displayed correctly.
- Interfaz de usuario: Fixed some styles in dialogues.
- Basic Users vs Standard Users: A new type called basic user is created.
Basic users can only view and analyze data in Biuwer that has been previously shared with them. They do not have a personal space and cannot manage and edit content within Biuwer.
This type of user is much cheaper than a standard user and is ideal for those user profiles who only want to view the content
- Icons on indicator cards or KPIs: Icons are added to KPI type data visualizations.
- Actions: Biuwer session parameter is added to be able to use it in external navigation actions along with the URL. This allows external applications to validate the Biuwer session.
- Authentication tokens: Extra security layer is added to the authentication token system. Now the token system is even safer.
- Cross table: Fixed a problem in the horizontal alignment styles of the header.
- Duplicate objects: Fixed a bug when trying to duplicate pages or cards.
- Data Visualizations - Charts: Fixed a bug in the color picker of a stacked bar chart.
- Multi tenant system: Fixed a bug when adding a user to another account of another Biuwer organization.
- Data Center: Fixed an issue when trying to create a new connection. Sometimes the list of available integrations appears empty.
- Data export system: Fixed a bug in exporting data from a card in csv and xls format.
- Data export system: Fixed problem when exporting a card in PDF format. In vertical tables hidden columns are being exported as well.
- Data export system: Data export problem is corrected when browsing from an action from another page or card. The data that is exported is not correct.
- User interface: Layer depth problems with z-index are corrected in the card editor.
- Data filtering system: Fixed a problem with date filters. The filter is not applied when you try to filter by the last day of the month.
- New system to share content: New functionality is added to share a page or card. The content can be shared in two ways: Through a link or through a script to embed or insert the content into an external application.
With the option of embedding content you can add your dashboards or individual cards in your own applications.
- Data filtering system: Fixed issue with dependent filters.
- New authentication system using tokens: A new system is added to generate authentication tokens for a Biuwer user. Authentication tokens can be used in Biuwer to manage permissions with third-party applications or for example to authenticate embedded Biuwer content in external applications.
- Side menu for mobile versions: Now the side menu has a responsive design and adapts to all mobile devices.
- User interface: Problems with styles of overlapping elements in layers are corrected.
- BigQuery Connector: Fixed problem in addition to sums with very small results.
- Vertical table: Fixed an error in the interactive filter within a vertical table for numeric fields.
- Vertical table: Fixed error in the default sorting of vertical tables.
- User Interface: Color correction in the icons set.
- New data source - PostgreSQL: A new data source has been added to connect and analyze data from one of the most used databases in the world, PostgreSQL.
- Action system: Added navigation actions to cross tables.
- Chart sorting: Fixed an issue with dimension sorting in chart cards.
- Filtering system: Fixed an issue when applying page filters to the detail view of a card.
- Minor fixes.
- New action system: New functionality that allows you to create actions in the data cards. There are three action types: navigate to card, navigate to page and navigate to an external URL.
Navigation actions allows you to navigate to a destination (card, page or external URL) by clicking the elements of a card. For instance, in a KPI card, you can click in the indicator value and navigate to another card where you can see the detail of that indicator.
Actions are also available in other visualizations types, for example in vertical data tables.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Custom fields: New functionality that allows you to add custom fields. These fields can be assigned to users and groups. Using custom fields, you can apply data policies to apply a security layer to datasets. For example, if we create a new field called “employee_code” we can assign a value to each user and apply data policies through this field, in this way we can filter the access to the data of a dashboard by filtering it through this new field.
Administration zone: Added new column in the users list with the last login date.
Visualization - Vertical tables: Added an option to hide columns in vertical tables.
- Fixed an issue that causes the user to log out and have to login again.
- Automatic redirection: From now on, if you access Biuwer through an URL content, it will ask you for login and then you will be redirected to the specified URL.
- New sorting system: More sorting options are added in the data visualizations. Fields can now be sorted in several ways: alphabetically, as it is in the data source or in a personalized way.
- Data card editor: Set as default color for every text in a card the first option of the available colors in the color palette. This means that a color from the palette is always selected by default.
- Visualizations - Charts: Added sorting by metric option in charts with broken by another dimension option enabled, e.g. bar charts.
- Data card editor: Added a message and a graphic when there are changes in the queries configuration or in visualizations.
- Pages and Cards: Added graphics to pages and detail view of a card when the option to apply filters automatically is turned off. This way the user knows that is necessary an action on its side to obtain data.
- Conditional styles: Fixed an issue that prevented the style to apply when having an expression “less than” 0.
- Data card editor: Fixed an issue that resets formatting to the default value when editing a field configuration.
- Data card editor: Fixed an issue in the color palette selection for chart cards.
- Visualizations - Cross Table: Fixed an issue with calculated fields without an aggregation.
- Duration time metrics: Added duration time metrics that enable visualizations in time format. This allow Biuwer to show durations that can have different levels (seconds, minutes, hours, etc.) in a time format (e.g. 2h 35m 15s). This kind of metrics are available in all visualizations types.
- Filtering system: From now on, the option “apply after grouping” is not allowed to configure in field filters with dimension type fields. This option is only available for field type filters and only with metric type fields.
- Filtering system: Improved user interface.
- Filtering system: Added mandatory filter option. If a mandatory filter is added to a page or card, it’s necessary that the filter has a valid value or expression to execute data queries.
- User interface: Added message and graphic when a page has no content.
- Cards: Added a new field “title” and the option to show it. This title is unrelated to the card name.
- New users sign up: Activation link expiration time has been extended to one week. After the expiration time the link will not be valid and a new a welcome email will be needed.
- Notifications: Added a notification at the top of the screen when exporting card data to excel or csv.
- Notifications: Added a notification at the top of the screen when content is marked as favorite.
- Connect as another user (masquerade mode): Fixed an issue that appeared when returning to your initial session.
- My space: Fixed an issue that prevented some users to create content in its personal space.
- Visualizations - Cross table: Fixed some issues in the cross table visualization (conditional styles, row heights, empty column titles, some cell formats).
- Visualizations - Vertical table: Fixed an issue when using interactive filters that caused them to not be applied when some page or card filter values were changed.
- Fixed a minor issue with the execute query button when coming back from changing structure page and content page.
- Control access dialog: Fixed an issue that prevented some users from seeing the owner of the object to share.
- User interface: Fixed an issue that prevented vertical scroll if the pointer was over a chart card.
- Fixed an issue when exporting a chart in PDF format.
- Support chat: A support chat system has been added in the public website and Biuwer platform.
- Field format (Import Data System): Added support to specify formats to date, numeric and boolean type fields, so these data types are now available to import.
- Data card editor: Adjustments in date formatting and value cleaning criteria in the field visualization configuration.
- Data card editor: Styling and layout adjustments.
- Data card editor: Added more colors to the available palettes used in field configurations.
- Error notification: Added an error indicator in any data card whose queries have returned an error, indicating the error message in each case.
- User Interface: Minor changes.
- Error when cleaning filter values (Filtering system): Fixed an issue when cleaning filters that caused empty data visualizations.
- Fixed an issue with the labeling option in doughnut and line charts (Visualizations).
- Fixed an issue with numeric formatting in radar charts (Visualizations).
- Fixed an issue with the option to show x axis lines in charts (Visualizations).
- Fixed an issue with the selection of a field type filter having a numeric or boolean data type (Filtering system).
- Fixed an issue with user sign up having a not valid and not verified email (user sign up).
- Fixed an error message that appeared when a new Biuwer version was detected.
- Visualizations: Fixed an issue that caused some date formats not showing correctly in some chart types.
- Connect as another user (masquerade mode): Fixed an issue with data cache that caused from the previous session to be displayed, to which you have previously connected as another user.
- Data card editor: Fixed an issue when sorting by a field not used in visualization. Sometimes it is necessary to sort by fields that are not used in data visualization.
- Filtering system: Fixed an issue with date filter type when using a “between”' expression that caused the filter to not be applied correctly.
- Filtering system: Fixed an issue in the filter editor when a query returned an error.
- My Space: A new personal space has been added for each user. In its personal space, any user can create pages and cards only visible for themselves. Once a user has created content in its personal space, it can be copied or moved to a shared space.
- Favorites: A new functionality to add spaces and pages to favorites. Now you can mark as favorites a space or page. By default you will see your favorite elements at the beginning of the selected visualization.
- Gauge and Bullet data visualizations: Two new data visualizations types have been added, bullet chart and gauge chart.
- The sign up process has been improved. From now on, every new user created in Biuwer will have to be validated through a link sent to its email account.
- Filter system: filters area is not shown if no filters have been added yet.
- Fixed an issue with date formats when exporting to PDF.
- Fixed an issue with data card editor by which some times was displayed without any content.
- Minor corrections:
- Fixed an issue when deleting a user’s default organization.
- Fixed an issue that caused double scroll in vertical table cards.
Improvements have been made in the data card editor. The following functionalities have been unified in the “query” tab: aggregation functions, field type, date level in date fields, etc.
“Always apply” option has been added to Data Policies: If this option is active, the dataset where the data policy is been applied is always added in the data models (so a join including this dataset is forced) where this dataset is configured. With this action, some security concerns are avoided in the visualizations where there aren’t any fields from the dataset affected by the data policy.
- Biuwer updates: From now on, when a new Biuwer version is detected, a message will pop up in the top of the screen notifying that a new update is available.
- Query log: New metadata has been added in the query log storage.
- Data Card Editor: Some styles had been adjusted in the new query editor.
- Selected filters visualization has been improved in filters area.
- Improvements in the value selection for “all values” filters.
- Undesired scroll in dialogs: Fixed an issue that caused vertical scroll in dialogs when using some versions of Google Chrome.
- Access control dialog: Fixed an issue with the list of users with access, it wasn't displayed correctly.
- Query engine: Fixed an issue with Big Query (Google Cloud) connector that didn't allow to use expressions in calculated fields in the Group By section and Order By section.
- Data Center: Fixed an issue in the aggregation levels when selection “none” as aggregation.
- Data Card Editor: Fixed an issue when creating a card without any field selected. From now on, “visualization” tab is not enabled until at least one field has been added to the query.
- Data Card Editor: Fixed an issue when trying to delete a field from “interactive columns” section in a vertical table.
- Styling corrections in form elements while using Firefox browser.
- Loading data from Excel file (Data import system): As with the import of CSV files functionality, Biuwer users can now import data from an Excel file
- Filtering system: A selection option is added for "All values" that selects all the values of a field type filter
- Filtering system: NOT operators have been included. Now you can filter data with expressions like "Not equal to" or "Not in the list"
- Add stage HAVING (Filtering system): An option is added in the filtering system to activate the aggregation stage through HAVING. This option allows filtering metrics after aggregation is done
- Filter options in Data Policies (Data Center): Within a dataset, not all filtering options were available. Now you have the same filtering options as in the pages / cards filtering system
- KPI Card (Visualizations): The KPI card is improved in such a way that different zones can now be added on the same card
- Card Editor: Several improvements have been included in the user interface of the data card editor page
- Expand date formats (Visualizations): The date formats available to the user have been extended
- Include aggregation functions by default (Data Center): It has been added the functionality of being able to select in a dataset the aggregation function by default (sum, average, count, count distinct, minimum, maximum)
- Visualizations: Added an option to set a default value in the color selector
- Aggregation in calculated fields: A problem that was causing to apply always an aggregation to a calculated field has been fixed. Now if "Aggregation: None" is marked, the aggregation operation will not be applied
- Problem with vertical table scrolling (Visualizations): Fixed problem with scroll in vertical table type displays that appeared in certain screen resolutions
- Minor bug fixes
- International support: Numeric and date formats have been improved, increasing the number of formats that Biuwer users can select
- Vertical table cards (Visualizations):
- Fields of type Dimension can now have column totals with operations (count, count distinct, minimum, maximum) and custom formulas (using fields of the table)
- The user can activate the inclusion of a first column showing the row number
- Conditional formats: Users can apply custom styling for rows and columns that meet the configured conditions
- Interactive columns: A selection of fields can be included as interactive columns to allow users to dynamically include them or not in the table
- Totals rows obtained and total rows shown: There is an option available to show these totals in the top of the table
- Data Card editor: Users can now change the type of a field, between metric and dimension and vice versa, regardless their definition in Data Models
- Sorting data (Query engine): Users can now include custom sorting of data, either the fields acting to sort the data are present in the data returned or not
- Pages export to PDF (Export data system): This option is now not available until the page has content within a defined page structure
- Vertical table cards (Visualizations): Search in columns with null values has been fixed
- Boolean field support: “Boolean” data type is now supported in Biuwer. The new data type is mapped with the corresponding original data type for each data connector technology
- Upload data from CSV files (Import data system): Data contained in CSV files can now be uploaded to Biuwer datasets using the import data system, which include automatic detection of data fields and data types. This feature can be used to create new datasets or upload new data to existing ones using the append data option
- Custom limit and sort options (Query system): Biuwer users can now configure per query row limits and custom data sort options (ascending and descending directions). This also applies to filter values, which are now sorted ascending. Existing cards and filters will remain as they are. New cards and filters will return by default a maximum of 500 rows
- New operators and boolean filters (Filtering system): There have been added new options in the operators catalogue. Now Biuwer users can filter boolean expressions
- Reverse engineering (Data Center): New Datasets can be added automatically in the Data Center using the new reverse engineering feature, that connects to the data source and obtains database structure and per table metadata (fields, data types)
- Query system: The core query engine in Biuwer has been improved. It now uses internal fields identificators in order to improve speed and avoid user mistakes with fields original names and aliases
- Controlled deletion of entities: Biuwer now checks for dependencies and shows them to the user when deleting any entity. This guides the user through the dependent items to avoid metadata inconsistencies
- Mailing system: Notifications and transactional emails are now being delivered by our new email partner Postmark
- New organization switcher. Biuwer users with more than one organization (account) can now use the new organization switcher, which shows organizations in a drop down instead of a list of items
- Cards heights: Cards general configuration height parameter has been improved to allow users to build custom pages with several cards configurations
- Custom cards: Internal improvements to use the core query engine
- Export data system: Exports to Excel files now include calculated fields
- Query system: Avoid unnecessary aggregations with calculated fields that use aggregation functions inside
- Datasets (Data Center): From now on hidden fields won’t appear in the Data Card Editor or in the Filtering system, so they can not be used until marked as visible again
- Date filters (Filtering system): Fixed some date level values for all connection technologies and the preview of date expressions
- Chart cards: Fixed a blinking when hovering over the chart
- Data Policies: Now Biuwer users can define row level access for each dataset. You can configure custom filters for each user or users group
- New notifications system: A unified notification system has been built to show success, warning and error messages inside the app. This system will be improved to show custom content in each notification
- Public website. A mobile friendly main menu has been added. The menu automatically adapts itself with the available screen size
- Cards can now be visualized in mobile devices, adapting themselves to the available screen size
- Users can properly specify a list of allowed values in the filters configuration dialog
- Move and duplicate. Now you can duplicate and move Cards and Pages between different shared Spaces
- Notifications system: An area has been included in the top center to show the notifications of the events that happen in Biuwer during its use.
- Uniform delete dialogs have been included for all objects
- Cards contextual menu have been improved
- Custom cards: Added file upload functionality in card configuration dialog with self-managed cloud storage
- Vertical table: Now you can filter a column with “null” values
- Vertical table: Now the panel of interactive fields closes when pressing or interacting outside of it, before only when the "Apply" button was pressed
- Data Center: Deleting a dataset functionality has been fixed
- Access control heritance: Now you can share a space, page or card with a group or user and allow all of your children to inherit this configuration
- New Biuwer website published - www.biuwer.com
- Minor bugs fixed
- Multi-language system: Available languages right now are English and Spanish
- Masquerade mode: admin users can now “connect as another user”
- Activate, deactivate and delete users from an organization
- Data cards export system in PDF, CSV and Excel formats
- “Basic” predefined role is always assigned to “All users” group
- Extended the maximum number of items for platform objects
- Fixed flickering when opening a page with content
Biuwer, our new cloud data platform is available with these main functionalities:
- Content is structured in Shared Spaces, Pages and Cards.
- 4 main types of data Cards:
- KPI cards
- Vertical table cards
- Cross table cards
- Chart cards
- 12 types of charts, all responsive and fully configurable.
- Custom cards: Cards developed for any need or application (Biuwer team engineered for now)
- Advanced filtering system.
- Multi-tenant system:: Need more than one account? You can do it with Biuwer
- Complete security system with SSL authentication
- User Groups
- 5 available Roles
- Content access permissions, with view, edit, admin and owner levels.
- Data center: Configure connections to your data sources
- Data Models
- Available connectors:
- SQL Server + Azure SQL
- Oracle DB
- Google BigQuery
- Google Cloud SQL (MySQL and PostreSQL)
- Amazon RedShift
- Files in FTP/SFTP servers